This is an experimental project. I am exploring the realm of web programming using Google's Web Toolkit. The output is true HTML so hopefully it will run on any browser. Since I am not an experienced programmer doing this just as a hobby you might know what you'll have to expect.
May be people who are new to LilyPond and just want to play around with it will find this to be a useful tool, since they do not have to download and to install the software on their machines.
Currently, WebLily.net works fine for small (i.e. really very small) examples.
- any LiliPond input larger than really small will send the website to computational nirvana
- some graphical objects are still missing without any warning, e.g. beams
- the signs "<" and ">" will not be recognized, there still is a problem converting to/from HTML
- depending on the browser non-ASCII characters in will show up as "?"
- PDF output is still missing